Sunday, February 05, 2012

More or Less...


I got my first salary over nine years ago.
I could not figure out what to do with so much money suddenly.
It covered up an entire year of my four-year Engineering course fees.
It amazed me that within a year of employment,
I could repay back my parents financially whatever they had spent on me for 22 years of my life.
My salary gave me immense happiness and amazement.

My salary now is pretty much the same as my first salary,
But in a currency that is almost fifty times more than my first salary’s currency.
But after filling in the EMI, family maintenance and other expenses,
I ponder if my savings can satisfy my child’s complete education and
If I can lead a comfortable post-retirement life with growing inflation.
My salary now makes me think and ponder.

Less was More then...
More is Less now...

Strange, more or less!

No comments: