Saturday, September 27, 2008

Its all about stories...

I just finished seeing a wonderful documentary about how Jim and Jennifer got stuck in the middle of snow and cold and went without automobile and food for close to ten days and still finally made it. Along with that small kid that they had with them!

I then took up the novel which I am currently reading: Life of Pi. It seems to be a true story of a small boy who finds himself in a life boat with a zebra, orangutan and hyena in the middle of Pacific Ocean. And yes, there was a Bengal tiger too!

Some time later I started blogging about the day that was and the phase of life I was undergoing. To do so, I had to think about what to express and what to mask and yet ensure that when I look back at the post some couple of years later, I know exactly what I was enduring. This was my story.

When we watch movies, we are seeing different stories picturised. When we read books, we see the world through the author's stories. When we read blogs, we are catching up on stories of our friends. When we meet up with old pals or call them up, we catch up on each others' stories. We see social networking sites and check out friends' albums to update ourselves of their stories.

I realized then that life is all about sum total of individual stories that sometimes intertwine with others, sometimes made public but most times die out without real publicity. And needless to say, all stories are fascinating in its own way.

And that’s how it all ends eventually. Just a story in which each one of us has played a part unknowingly…

2 comments:

Guru said...

I once watched a movie which begins with the dialogue

"when I fist came here, it seems to be a set of massive dots, all jumbled and disconnected, it seems to be disorienting"..........

and the movie ends with a dialogue

"sometimes it all still feels a massive dots, but more these days, it feels like we are all connected, its beautiful and funny and good"

I had written it somewhere because I liked it and it makes perfect sense. It is the same, our stories interwine with others stories.

Anonymous said...

Good concept. Life is a sum total of short and long stories!!

Another theory which occured to me sometime back...

Life is like a jigsaw puzzle. Lots of pieces of different shapes and sizes. And till the end of our life we are working on this puzzle, trying to fit in all the pieces to complete the puzzle! Sometimes (or most of the times) we do not know how and why certain pieces (which we feel are the right ones) do not fit, why the puzzle looks distorted and shapeless, but i am sure we will know it when the whole thing gets completed! So lets keep working on this puzzle to complete the picture!!