Sunday, October 19, 2008

"munde daari kaaNade..."

One sack o'er my left shoulder...
One sack o'er my right shoulder...

Trodding on the mud road...
In the middle of the dense forest...

Not knowing where I am...
Not knowing where I am going...

I chance upon these three roads...
Forking away from the road I am on...

One on the left, one straight on and one on the right...
Each being the same muddy road as the one I am on...

Each lacking in knowledge as to its destination...
Just as the same road I am on...

With two heavy sacks on my back...
I know not which one to choose...

Should I choose the right...
Or should I choose the left...

Should I go straight on...
Or is there some other path that I am not seeing...

I am reminded of Lowell's words-
"Once to every man and nation there comes a moment to decide..."

I am reminded of Sri Raghavendra Swamy's words-
"munde daari kaaNade kundide jagadoLu..."

No comments: