Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Being "in" the joy

I saw a car loaded with heavy-duty extras. It had a special effect on the underside of the car, which made the road underneath the car turn into a cool blue. The lights on the registration plate had a design of its own. The window-shades had a jazzy shape. The painting on the car seemed realistic. So on and so forth.

But I felt a pity to the driver who must also be the owner. He can never experience the joy of any of the above while he is driving!

It was very much akin to what I had experienced when I was in train recently. The train was moving through bridges and tunnels on its way from Lonavala to Mumbai and there was excellent scenery all around but I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I had enjoyed in 2008 when I was sitting on the back yard of a resort in Khandala seeing the far-away lights of moving trains amidst the same deep gorge in which I was now traversing...

1 comment:

Adarsha said...

Have you seen Audi or BMW cars in Hosur roads? They are purchased by some one with lots money, but with the car come a status which prohibits them from "driving", so they hire a SSLC pass out guy as a driver. I pity those owners, as they can not enjoy any of the systems built in to those high end cars for driver enjoyment. I think if that car undergoes an accident driver will walk away, not sure about owner, as backseats are designed for kids